Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Power Trip

Today I am working on the second step, I am coming to believe that a Power greater than myself can restore me to sanity. I tend to want to be the power in charge of my life. I tend towards insanity. That is why I pray.

Mat 6:13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

This prayer reminds me who has the power. Someday I will get it through my thick head.

Rom 9:21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

55. Rom 13:1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

1Cor 2:5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God

2Ti 1:7For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

That's my sanity, hopefully and access to any power I might get through God.

2Pe 1:3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

These are some power verses. All power comes from God. It fills the world. Only humans are capable of trying to usurp power to themselves. When you try to be god, you find unhappiness and maybe even damnation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home